Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To my Bride

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.....May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

                            -Romans  15: 5-7; 13 NIV (read aloud at our wedding, August 3, 2002)

 

I love you, Olivia.  Today is your birthday:  March 10th.  You are awesome and I am grateful for you.  I hope today has been great and you have felt loved and cared for on this day.  Our date this past Saturday night was the best!  The Melting Pot.  Dinner. Dessert. Downtown.  The Movie (well, at least we were together..."Confessions of a Shopaholic").  Our conversations.  I think you are a gift to the world!  Happy Birthday to the one whom I love with all I have. 

You are the birthday girl, today - and this day belongs to you.  We all celebrate on this day; Olivia:  she is good.  Olivia:  she is fun.  Olivia:  she is so pretty.  Olivia:  I like her.  Olivia:  her photography is awesome.  Olivia:  She looks great....I just love her.  Olivia:  that's my wife...you're dang right!  Olivia:  with all my heart, Happy Birthday, sweet heart.  You are forever His...and He has allowed us to be one.  May it always be...and on this day - we celebrate for you!  I love you.

Today...the birthday angels are singing, praising God..and honoring:  you!  Happy Birthday to my bride, Olivia.

No comments: