Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mommy - for them...but so much for me!

This is how I view Olivia - she is my wife; she is Wyatt and Boone's mommy.  Olivia IS a Mommy.  Olivia works her tail off.  Olivia loves our little boys.  She takes care of them all day - everyday! Olivia wipes their tears away, she feeds them, she does crafty things with Wyatt.  Olivia runs and plays in the yard (and in the house) with Wyatt.  Olivia "wallers" on the floor with both boys.  Olivia rocks Boone to sleep; she sings to him every single day.  Boone lights up when his eyes meet Olivia's.  Wyatt talks of Mommy all the time - he mistakenly calls me "mommy" probably 7 out of ten times!  Olivia is on the minds of Wyatt and Boone.  Olivia Ogle takes her boys shopping, she takes them to the park - she lets these little tikes play (well, Wyatt is on his own...Boone is in her arms!).  She lets Wyatt play in the rain and make splashes in mud puddles.  Olivia prays over her babies.

Olivia - there is a cartoon named, Olivia.  My Olivia says the cartoon character, a little piglet girl, is a lot like how she is in real life.  She's fun, wacky, a little bit of a drama queen, and always learning things. If there is anything engrained into Olivia's heart and soul - it's being a wonderful and sweet and loving and unconditional MOMMY to our little boys.  I watch my wife be the mother of our children - this beautiful woman, the girl I always wanted....the one whom I chased for so long...the one whom I prayed over and handed my heart to at our wedding....the one whom I vowed to and gave my highest covenant on Earth - my commitment to her and no others (apart from Christ being first for us both).....I watch and I am in awe!  How does she do it?  It must be from God! It is a miracle....she can multi-task like nobody's business...and it is just effortless.  She is smooth.  She is good.  She is a mommy - she is the mommy in our house and for that I am more grateful than words can express.

To Olivia:  I love you with all my heart.  You are the one I always loved - you are the one I love always.  You are the light of our boys' days!  You ....you...you, Olivia Ogle - are adored by three boys in our home!  We all love you.  We all need you.  We all will go to the moon and back for you - may you always be Olivia....always a wonderful wife..always a wonderful mother....a role model and guider of so much in our lives.  WE love you!  I love you in ways I cannot express....ways I cannot write about...ways I cannot put on a blog (yippee!)....I love you in a manner that I know is from Him - the One who created you and me and our boys....who created mothers and gave you the deep-down gifts that exist within your soul that the rest of us on Earth can only marvel at!  He is the One we love....He is the One for us - all of us.  To my dear bride:  Happy Mother's Day 2009.  You are so cool.  You are an encouragement to me...to so many, and for me to be a better dad - because you are an awesome mother...a great mommy!  I love being a Daddy so much because of the Mommy you are to Wyatt and Boone - may it always be.

 

His Peace.

 

-ao

No comments: