Today is His day.
We belong to Him – to God, the Father….and so it is forever and ever – as believers of Jesus Christ. It’s His promise…we have His seal stamped upon us – always. I belong to Him. Thank goodness it is so; there has been much to say lately…much to talk about and much to pray over.
Today…on the day of the Lord…I am fixing breakfast for our family this AM – we are resting at home….and preparing for a wedding this afternoon. I am officiating a wedding for a dear friend of ours, Sara. Her parents are special to us and in our lives have been such a blessing. Our friendship with Sara has been one for a long time now and it has been a privilege to walk along life with her thus far. Olivia was her Young Life leader. And now, Olivia will be praying at her wedding and I am the minister at the wedding – it is a privilege.
Sausage and biscuits are frying and baking as I’m writing. It smells great. Boone isn’t napping and is crying in the back (his room). Wyatt is running around with no clothes on. Olivia hasn’t felt well all morning. Music ( an instrumental worship mix ) is playing in the background. Somehow, all this feels okay. It feels like madness. But, I think that craziness of life sometimes is in the everyday and acceptance and realization of the crazy love of Christ – His love is nuts….it must be….because in the midst of all this and potential for frustration…and pain in the world…and joy and all things in between – He does not change.
Wyatt keeps asking me questions….I don’t think he’s stopped talking this entire morning….we think he hasn’t stopped for the past three days – it’s been something to watch him learn more and more and get bigger and bigger. This also means he asks more questions….discusses more with us, etc. When this happens – I’m reminded of a skit I saw at a marriage conference one time where a son was talking to his father and the dad never responded….kept reading his paper and didn’t play with his son. The son resented the dad, ultimately, for his lack of attention to his kids! Yet, I tell you that my relationship with my boys is one of the greatest things in my life. It breaks my heart to think of not paying them attention or playing with them or being in their lives. So, I will always do so and it has taken me forever just to get to this point in this post because of the fact I want to be and remain present in their lives…even now.
I think this comes from two places: the Father and my Dad. The Father: He’s my light. My Dad: has always loved and lead me well. I can’t tell you the things, attributes, manners, mannerisms, habits, sayings, sense of humor, style, etc. that I have…all of them and more – they come from my dad. I am the kind of daddy that I am to my (ours, Olivia and me) boys because of how my dad was to me….and still is.
Love: by its nature seeks union (B.Manning). Union with Christ. Union with my wife. Union with my family.
Today – I will work on and keep seeking this union.
Blessings.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment