Here's a little bit from today's readings. It's something special to me that I could be camping out in scripture and reading in "themes" of spiritual practices, rhythms, etc. and somehow what goes on around my everyday world....that is what I see or am dealing with just might have exactly to do with where I 'happen' to be in my time with the Lord.
Today is no different. You'll see. Here it goes...
My Lenten Journey; Day 26
"In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.” -John 16:33 MSG
"But here, the Great Overcomer of a sin-filled and sin-sick planet, leads us THROUGH the pain, not around it, into great joy!" - My Children; Buddy Odom
"Prayer is simply keeping company with God." -Clement of Alexandria
"Prayer tomorrow starts today, or there is no prayer tomorrow." -Edward J. Farrell
"We do not create prayer, but merely prepare the ground and clear away obstacles. Prayer is always a gift, a grace, the flame which ignites the wood; the Holy Spirit gives prayer." -True Prayer; Kenneth Leech
"If we try to contemplate God without having turned the face of our inner self entirely in His direction, we will end up inevitably by contemplating ourselves." -Thoughts in Solitude; Thomas Merton
"The only way to pray is to pray; and the way to pray well is to pray much."
"We must pray not first of all because it feels good or helps, but because God loves us and wants our attention." -The Road to Daybreak; Henri Nouwen
.....and lastly here is another for this day,
"Painting cannot be taught," said Picasso once, "it can only be found." I think in many ways that is true of prayer as well." -Living Prayer; Robert Benson
Today, I sit and watch....and listen..an attempt to simply be in the presence of the Lord. To interact with God and His love for me - communion with my creator. Or really - a gain in what is a deep connection and promise to me, to my hopes, my soul, my longings that I was created for....conversation with Jesus Christ....an avenue Heavenward. I'm in. I belong. I am grateful - undeserving and absolutely thankful.
Maybe I can live my life with that gratitude in mind, today.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment