Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Just thinking

To listen to the instructions of God.

Seems simple and desirable enough. It's a hope of mine...and to carry them out, the instructions of God, well, that can feel like a different task altogether. However, when we pause and consider enough...in our inmost places, the desire and love of God - those "instructions" suddenly become more a guide, a poem of direction rather than a list of do's and don'ts which allow no freedom nor fun. 

I'm gathering more and in my experiences that God's desire is more of presence and dwelling than boundaries and wrong doing, etc. I believe His desire is to be fully present with us, His creation.  If that is the case, because He is God, there must be Holiness and Glory. For He says, "Be Holy, for I am Holy.". So, it shouldn't be any surprise as what his requirements are to walk with Him. It's more like a license to live...live truly and in freedom. Otherwise there is living hopelessly and in bondage. To me, that spells misery and nothing that is life-giving. 
 I want to live where there is freedom and hope and Glory and goodness and desires that come from Heaven. So, today, I will do my part to honor that which God the Father has called me forth. 

What other "choice" is there? 

The instructions of God...

Blessings,

Andy O. 


No comments: