November 28, 1951
Donna Lynn Tramell (born, Donna L. Sizemore)
Today would have been my mom’s 62nd birthday. It’s hard to imagine that almost nine years ago my mom passed away. However, today isn’t the day to focus on the death of my mom…it’s THANKSGIVING – it’s a day to focus on what we are thankful for. I am thankful for my mom. I am thankful that, while her life was shorter than we had hoped for, no one can take away who she was to me nor the impact she has left (her imprint) on my life, my soul, my family, and my children whom she never had the chance to meet.
Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you with all I have. Part of the thankfulness of the month of November and it’s pre-Advent season has always been the curiosity and joy of looking forward to November 28th – it’s your day. It always will be. So glad that today, this year, this day, is the same day when so many take a few minutes to pause and reflect with family what we are thankful for – and to partake in BEING a familia. I hope that Jesus is strolling you around in the Heavens, revealing more and more of His riches and blessings for you – to remind you of His greatness and His beauty – that you are one-in-the-same with Him…and His Glory! That this day was the day He created you to exist on Earth….and that 62 years later, your son would be remembering, missing, loving, and honoring you.
You were one wonderful woman. I have the heart and the memories to prove it. I have the daughter, with red hair, and your nose…to prove it all over again! Happy Birthday to you, dear Mom. Dear Donna. Dear Aunt Donna. Dear Mama D.
Remembering you,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment