Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family

Having Boone around, now, is a big adjustment. I tried to "step up my game" starting a few months ago - as a means of prepping myself and my efforts to help Olivia....and increasing the things I do around the house or with her or with Wyatt or whatever it took to make sure I was doing MORE! Now, Boone was born 3 weeks ago and I believe my practice rounds paid off. I feel a little more like I was ready for the level of help and ready for doing more around home. It has had it's share of challenges thus far - namely, the time balance is a biggy for me. I need time with Olivia, I need time with Wyatt, I need time with Boone, and I sure need alone time - which is my first priority: my time with Jesus. I think I am beginning to understand all these parents' comments regarding their quiet times or whateve when they have said "I just do what I can, when I can..." Yet, I will not let that simply suffice my efforts to be with the Lord in the mornings nor will I let it stifle my efforts to be intentional with Olivia or the boys.
The Lord has continued to reveal his faithfulness to me in my time with Him, lately. He has one streaming theme in my life - to live in such a way that brings praise, honor and glory to His name - that's it. In the midst of that, He is showing His relentless love and faithfulness to me in the scriptures I'm reading. My time alone with the Father is crucial. As I told Olivia a few days ago, I believe that my intimacy with Jesus Christ is the sole thing that allows me to be the Husband and Daddy that I am - otherwise I'd be lousy, apart from Christ.
-ao

No comments: