Monday, November 3, 2008

Back from Camp

Just got back from Windy Gap. It was a great weekend.  I took a group of guys that I didn’t know as well and it has been a little while since I’ve done that. It was great!  I got to stay up til 3 a.m. both nights (or later) and be goofy with these guys, laugh at and with them, and listen to them tell stories of how they loved their weekend.  We got on the bus Friday afternoon, drove 2 and a half hours to Windy Gap in Weaverville, NC, and had dinner. Then, when dinner was over, Brian told me “this is already the best weekend ever, Ogle!”.  I smiled, and said, “It sure is, dude…it sure is.”  My friend Brian was on to something, or better yet, God’s Spirit was already beginning to do something within Brian’s heart. He had a great weekend, he had a solid experience and heard about Jesus in a fresh way that made sense to him, in his own heart.  He was all ears all weekend as the gospel unfolded. I believe the impact in him was a big deal.  His brother, Scott – same song, second verse!  Both of these guys will be coming to campaigners, now.  One will come to Wednesday a.m.’s and the other to my house on Sunday nights.  Thanks be to God. 

We took more kids than ever, more leaders than ever, and more adult guests than ever – look out people….in a time of economic downfall, LCYL is on the up rise!  It is really fun to be a part of a great mission and a great ministry.  I love doing what I get to do.  I get to hang out with kids, love on them in a unique way, be real and let them know that God loves them infinitely greater than they can fathom…..and He wants to move in to their hearts.  It’s pretty cool to watch the lights come on in their hearts.  It’s pretty cool to see what the Lord does in my own heart as I spend time with high schoolers and spend time trying to be who I say I am, a follower of Jesus who happens to tell people about Him for a living…..if you can call it that – it’s my vocation, but it all comes from God – so, really, it’s His deal…I’m just hear for the ride.  It’s a good ride, too.  Things can be pretty hard at times…hard at work, hard at home, hard in my heart.  However, those things do not change the truths of Christ.  He is still good. He is still the Lord. He is still my Holy Comforter.  He still intercedes on my behalf to God the Father.  No matter what, He is good and His love for me is infinite.  I must always remember this. 

 

Pray for me.  I need it.  I am hearing something different in my heart, lately.  I am hearing a different pull toward the Lord that I am attempting to decipher; a few posts ago, I wrote about it a little…..it still exists within my heart. It’s a tug in a direction that I’m trying to hear from God and figure out. Please lift up my family and me as we simply listen and watch to see what the Father has in store for our family. 

 

-waiting, listening, watching.

-ao

 

No comments: