It's 10:33 a.m. I have been with the Lord this morning. Our family has had a "big breakfast" - bacon,sausage,eggs, toast, coffee and milk. It's Monday. It is our "day" together.
Wyatt blessed the meal this a.m. - "Dear Jesus, thank you for Daggy and Mommy...thank you for the food, thank you for..Jesus, thank you for Mommy and Boone...AMEN!"
We ate. We cleaned up. And then it was time for our quiet time - Wyatt gets his little backpack with two little Gideon bibles in it and a mini-journal and a pen. He then starts to whisper as we light candles and open the scriptures. Then - he gets his hockey stick and plays a quiet game of street hockey in the kitchen on the tile floor. The Quiet Time was too much to match this a.m. for Wyatt. I continued to sit with the Lord and hear from him in Psalm 96. Wyatt would come by and smile...and whisper to me...and play. Then, he came up and gave me a sweet little hug. "I love you, Daggy." It was the best. His little hug reminded me as I was stopping what I was doing to embrace my son - this must be how the Father feels! That, as I go to Him, He is always willing to embrace me...He,always, is ready for when I turn toward Him to express my love to the One who loves me relentlessly. It's His nature. It's the joy in my heart: Jesus Christ and His infinite love.
Today: our day...we will be a family together. We will be a body, a community of followers of Jesus - well, our hope is that for Boone and Wyatt. Our hope is they somehow catch it from what they see in us - and that the Holy One of Israel latches Himself onto their hearts and souls forever! We are alive and together...today - it's a sweet day.
Thank you Dear Jesus. I am yours. Today is yours.
Blessings.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment