Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Windy Gap – shifting on the fly

It’s day 4 of week 2 for our assigned team here at Windy Gap.

We have sent three work crew girls home for illness (flu) and are in the process of bringing in other folks to dive in with our community and continue to serve the Lord and serve campers so they might have the greatest week of their lives….that they might come to know Jesus Christ and inherit God’s kingdom.

Olivia and the boys surprised me yesterday – they came back several hours before I expected their return – I was in a meeting w/our work crew bosses and I saw this little boy walk up to the glass window behind where we were meeting – it was Wyatt!  So cool to have them back in camp and get to be with them again.

I felt a bit funky this a.m. – I felt nauseous and a bit out of it. After our “chalk talk” (the planning of the day – every morning) I came back to our room and went to sleep for a couple hours. It helped tremendously.

So, here we are….waiting for new work crew….hoping more do not get sick and praying campers do not get sick, either. It has been a joy to watch our work crew mesh. It has been a privilege to be placed in the middle of 40+ high schoolers who “get it”…the ones who are ready to dive in deep in their faith in Christ. At home…there may be a few whom are in this category; but, the ones on Work Crew are the ones who are truly ready and willing to take their faith a step deeper…to walk with Jesus on a daily basis, to read their bibles, to dive into scripture and allow God’s Spirit to infiltrate their hearts and lives….they are the ones who are ready to serve Christ at no matter the cost.  I love being in the mix of them…it’s great to have the honor to be a part of watching folks be ushered into His presence.

Thanks for your prayers…let’s pray for the campers this week.  Let’s pray for our work crew. Our summer staff folks. The Assigned Team. Spouses. Children.  Thank you for lifting up session 3 at Windy Gap 2009.

His Peace.

-ao

No comments: