Today has been a good day…yesterday was a good day…I am busy. I am full. My plate is spinning – all my plates are spinning…I have a full plate. My work load is always on. It seems I believe more and more that “the busiest people have the most time”. It must be true.
I spend time with Jesus. I spend time with my family. I spend time with my high school friends. I blog. I journal. I read and I listen. I even tell folks about Genesis Pure Products and that has been another portion of the fun I’m having. I am enrolled in school – finishing what I started. I’m a full-time college student in the midst of being in full-time ministry as a full-time husband and daddy. You know, I love my life. I love feeling the embrace of God in the midst of all I do. I have sensed the presence of Jesus in a great and powerful and subtle way over the past few days that has been something special and exciting. I just had to say it. I don’t know what’s happening but I know my time with Him has been sweet – my time with Him has been rooted in my calling….in Christ-in-me.
I am listening to Him say to me, “Son of Man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you. Go now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them. Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says, '’ whether they listen or fail to listen.”
-Ezekiel 2:10-11 NIV
I hear the voice of the Lord whisper in my heart that this is my calling…to take His scroll…His Word, and eat…and be satisfied – to take His words to those exiled and to tell of His love; whether they listen or not. So, I do. In three days I will head off to Sharp Top Cove, a Young Life camp in Jasper, GA where my high school friends will be having the “greatest week of their lives” and they will get to hear about Jesus in a manner that perhaps will pierce their hearts like never before. And then…maybe, just maybe…they will be ‘seized by the power of a great affection’ in Christ. That’s my hope. That is my calling.
Today – it’s a good day. He is always good. His love for me is unchanging and will be always. Always. His.
Peace of the Lord.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment