Friday, December 11, 2009

mornings

You know….the morning time…in the winters -  it is an amazing thing.  Well, mornings in general have this divine vibe that just oozes out and screams to the world that God is good and His love is new every morning! It’s crazy cold outside today – so cold it takes your breath away when you step out – for some reason, I love that. Sure, I’m going to freeze in just a few minutes of being in that element…but for the reminder that God is good..this day is His and He made it…I suppose I can handle that. 

Our kids awake bright and early each day – I don’t always get the same picture in my head when they rise up as opposed to when I step outside as the day is dawning.  I guess that is because of my perspective and the circumstances; the reality is that those things do not change God and they do not change me in Him.  They don’t.  They do not.  His love is new…every morning.  I am His – forever.  Can’t my sons know that?  yes – that is our hope…they would see we are children of the king (Olivia and me) and they can have this faith in the one whom we are celebrating ever-so-more than the highly marketed deception of Mr. Claus.  Christmas time – it’s the grandest time of the year……I sure hope to enjoy my mornings.  Mornings with Jesus.  Mornings with Olivia.  Mornings with the boys.  Mornings being curious of Christmas day and the anticipation in my heart for celebrating Christ….and then out of that overflow running into the joy of the gifts to celebrate Him and watch our boys and our family enjoy Christmas – the birth of Christ (and a wee bit of “Santa” too!). 

Thank you, Lord for today. Thank you for the cold and the reminder of your love – your infinite pursuit of me and protection, provision, and trust.  I am yours. 

Cold. Morning. Today.  Greatness.  Thanks.

Blessings.

-ao

No comments: