One day, when I was still referred to as McGrew, a long time ago – I went fishing with my dad. It was the start of many many more days on the river – hoping a trout would land on the hook and I could reel ‘em in! Many days like that happened at Citico Creek. Yesterday, Olivia and I took Wyatt and Boone to the mountains. We went to Fort Loudoun and visited the site and checked out the fort, the cookers, garden, honey suckles and the visitor center!! It was cool – then we had a great picnic in the woods with the boys. It was a great day. Below are some photos and some notes of a great, great day with my wife and boys. Lord, thank you for Mondays with my family – thank you for the reminder of your love and the peace you give me. Peace: freedom from disturbance. This is a journal of a great day….a peace-full day. Really.
The day at the fort begins….Boone has yet to discover there is actually something cool in front of Daddy…..and he is about to turn around and go nuts!
I saw this photo and wondered who’s hands it was…what happened..who poured sand on their arms? Oh – woops. It’s my hands..my arms and my freckles in that photo! Amazing how I forget sometimes! If you keep looking….you’ll be reminded of 20 licks across your shoulder as I now get to punch your arm! Remember that….middle school?? Anyone..anyone??
Boone Ogle
“Taste and See that the Lord is good” –Psalm 34:8
Ever seen a squirrel walk up to someone like a little puppy? I have!
Wyatt Ogle
“Little Warrior”
Strong.
Two Peas in a pod…..
Okay…him in the water is really cool. Olivia and Wyatt looks like a pro took the shot! He’s awesome…she is really beautiful. Really!
Wyatt and me celebrating our trip to the other side of the creek. Can’t tell but the rock below our feet…the water by it is about waist deep for me! It was intense. We were like Rocky Balboa in Philly!
Here’s to a great family day. Here’s to great memories. Yesterday is what memories are made of. I would encourage you to go out and do some of the same.
The stuff life is made of. Goodness.
Thanks be to the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment