It’s day 2 at Crooked Creek Ranch. Last night, I experienced something different than I have ever done before at YL camp. I missed it. I was absent. After months of fighting and tugging with kids and their wallets and their circumstances to get them to camp….for “the best week of their life” – I show up at Crooked Creek Ranch and my allergies decided to show out and flare up. My eyes reddened, my left eye swelled and the pain and distractions began.
Thankfully, we have enough YL leaders here from our schools that our guys were not left high and dry, but it was tough to remove myself as I could only lay down with my eyes closed. I missed dinner. I missed club. I missed the talk. I missed an amazing obstacle course with our guys. It was tough…I felt weak and as if I was pulling away from our guys and all I could do was listen….as my eyes were closed and seeing wasn’t really an option. After a great night one cabin time, I was able to go to bed and sleep. Waking up today has been quite amazing. My eyes feel so much better. My left eye is still swollen and still tender. I have seen the doctor, the nurse, and am taking some medicine to help. Here are some excerpts from my time with Jesus this a.m.
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
-John 15:9-11 NIV
“Shout with joy to God, all the earth!2 Sing the glory of his name;make his praise glorious!3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.4 All the earth bows down to you;they sing praise to you,they sing praise to your name.” 5Come and see what God has done,how awesome his works in man’s behalf!”
-Psalm 66:1-5 NIV
I can sing praise to God. I can choose his Joy. I can choose abiding in His love….that He is abiding in God….and within me. No matter my circumstances…He is unchanging….His love is Joy and is infinite. I can honor God even in the midst of my “condition” and can serve Him and walk with him as we invest in kids’ lives and share the gospel with them.
I am excited to see what God is up to in the lives of our high school friends…and certainly excited to experience what He is up to in my life, too!
Thanks for praying.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment