Today - Olivia, Wyatt, and I sat down in our living room to have a quiet time as a family. We did not do the same thing, but we were all quiet, still, and sitting with the Lord. Wyatt was quiet for the most part - he did try to make some racket to get Mommy and "Daggy"'s attention. But, for the most part he did really well. He has his own little bag with his little bibles and a journal and pen in it. He likes to sometimes draw in the journal and open the bible because "this...is about Jesus, Daggy."
Olivia had her scriptures open and I had mine open. As of right now I am unsure of what she read, but I know that she is blogging about it (see her blog listed on this page).
In my time with the Lord this morning I was in Jeremiah.
"And though I have taught them persistently, they have not listened to receive instruction.....I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their god. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul. For thus says the LORD: Just as I have brought all this great disaster upon this people, so I will bring upon them all the good that I promise them."
-Jeremiah 32: 33; 37-42 ESV
Lord, help me to listen to your instruction. Help our family to sit before you and receive your guidance. That we would trust in your faithfulness to us - that you will bring upon us all that your promise. Thank you for such a tender time this morning. Thank you for the playlist on our iTunes that we could have help in being ushered into your presence. Today is yours. We belong to you. May we live to bring you glory. May a day like today happen again in this home...and again..and again!
Blessings, Lord.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment