What is a father?
Well, the sign in our living room says, " ( noun; Fah-th-er; 1. my protector; my hero 2. the man who could push my swing so high, I would almost touch the stars.
My addition to above: 3. the one who eats chili with me, makes my hot chocolate too hot to handle, and takes me outside to throw snowballs and play in the mud; then, when inside again....sips on hot chocolate in front of the fire!
That's what Wyatt and I did, today - we said it was "Real Man" time. He loved it. I loved it. Now, we can't wait to build a fire OUTSIDE and kick it out there for another round of "Real Man" time.
We also bought another "little" rocking chair so that Wyatt (and ultimately Boone, too) can sit inside next to Daddy and rock. We have one outside on the front porch...but it has a paint job that seems to "shed" whenever we bring it inside. For now, we'll keep up the man time and enjoy some great father / son moments. I love that I get to take Mondays off to be with my wife and kids. It is a joy in my life to soak in Mondays as best I know how.
"Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men! For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things."
-Psalm 107: 9-10 ESV
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment