So, we are back from Windy Gap…and guess what else is back? My old weight! I recently wrote about the day Olivia and I got married…..well, what I did not discuss was how much I weighed on that day: 177 lbs. Yesterday, when I woke up, I went over the the weight scales and stepped on…..what did I see? Blew me away! I did a double take…I tried to squint my eyes and lean down w/out moving the scale-pin one way or the other….just to be exact…was it true…am I really just a short chubby guy with poor scales at home…what is the story?
It said One hundred and seventy-six pounds. It said it, not me. So, it must be true – we’ll count it! What’s the deal….how has this happened? I left for my summer assignment at Windy Gap just over three weeks ago……I was around 187 then (184 in the a.m.’s and up to 189 in p.m.’s) and before that I was definitely over 190!
A few months ago I got approached by a friend of mine whom I respect, here in our town, about an opportunity to get healthier…..so I listened. I didn’t really want to jump into anything but after listening I was intrigued. Out of my respect for my friend, Jamie, I heard what he had to say and then I took some time to “smoke on it” and see what happened in me. During this time, after a month or two…my grandfather became very ill….due to heart illness and issues; he would pass away soon after - and before his passing, our family watched a short heart-surgery video in his hospital room. It affected me. It showed what happens when the plaque in our arteries builds up and blocks arteries, etc. It made me think of my growing age and of health issues I have seen in my family. Then within a week of my grandfather’s passing, my grandmother (his wife) went into the hospital with heart issues and had surgery…..and had a tough time – again, I was deeply affected by all of this, naturally. So, I came home….and Olivia and I talked. I talked to her about my convictions in my heart about Genesis Pure products that Jamie had talked to me about. We said it made sense to try them out. That was around the end of May….and since then I have felt like I was healthier than ever before. I have just “felt” different. And, now….I have lost significant weight since then. I have not even begun my “work out regiment” which I plan on doing this fall – I think there may be a few more pounds to shed still yet!
It feels great. Certainly there will be a challenge to make 176 a lifestyle instead of a milestone to hit and fall away from….but it was a great moment….a moment that is worth celebrating.
Here’s to you, milestone number 176!
…..now, where is number 171?? Those abs….
Oh well – feels nice.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment