Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back again…

Well, I’m back.  I’m back home…back in the swing – back at football practice – looking on as the lchs players look over..some in wonder of who is this man watching us – others looking over to give me a head nod, as if to say, “what’s up, Ogle!”  I am back in the hallways during lunches and 4th block gym period – to see kids and to be seen by them.  I’m back at home – back in the groove of in-the-office for one hour then gone for two hours and back again for an hour or two before moving on to the next meeting.  I am back in school again…started again after our assignment…trying to finish…tick-tock-tick-tock time keeps ticking away….

I am back with meeting with friends, parents, Young Life leaders…..pastors and ministers in our community  - talking with folks about life..listening to them tell their stories and sitting over coffee or a sandwich. Back to be with the Lord at home…on the front porch in my rocking chair…at the office in my orange chair with music playing and coffee brewing…on the fly or at a coffee shop – with Him in the mornings and living life in the community God has called us to….the groove is showing…it’s wearing and we are about to be in it!  Yup, it’s great.  It’s good to be back again…

Here’s to home. LCHS. Young Life leaders. Olivia. Wyatt & Boone. Football games in the fall. My parking spot at the games. Throwing baseball with Drey afterschool, using Reese’s old left-handed glove so I can throw and catch. Standing on the sidelines of the practice field with players looking and dad’s scheming……here am I, Lord.  Show me your ways. 

Fall 2009.

No comments: