Lord, thank you for my day. Thank you for your love for me. Your infinite love..for me.
On this day….I am reminded of love. I’m reminded of the Father’s love for me. I’m reminded of Olivia and her love for me. I am reminded how much I love my boys, Wyatt and Boone. I am reminded of God’s creation…..of his tender care and his gracious ways. I am reminded of my dad. Today, January 11, 2010. Today is my dad’s birthday. Today, it’s a good day. I love my dad. My dad has always loved me in ways I can’t really communicate….but suffice it to say that so much of my view of God, of love, of family, and of community in our home…comes from Dad.
A few things: Christmas at Grammy’s house, The North Spoon farm, Midnight April’s birth, “get back up on that horse…”, Bud & Captain, Pinyata, Stroker’s Bolt, Drew and 52 Blue Gil, Paul Owens’ large mouth bass, turning the huge antenna, bowl game trips, Citico, Tellico, days in the tent selling fireworks in 1987, the Jacksons – Victory Tour, riding to church when you dropped me off at Tim Tinsley’s office (when I asked Jesus into my heart), a big long hug after coming home from Windy Gap, you in my wedding, you wringing your socks out after our wedding, your awaiting my return home – in Olivia’s and my driveway – after mom had died….just the embrace I needed from my father, being there when Wyatt was born, when Boone was born, and lunches on Fridays……
..these are things that come to mind – there are so many more memories…but I wanted to write a few down and jog our memories, Dad. I love you and Happy Birthday! You are the best and I am so grateful for you and your role in my life.
In the name of Jesus.
Amen.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment