Rhythm. Its a pace I try to live in - to walk in rhythm with the Lord...in my life, in all I do. To not be hurried or blurred in my vision of life - to trust fully in Christ. It is a sweet deal, really.
I sit and listen. I listen to the Lord. I listen to other conversations. I watch. And I am back to listening in - again. I see a man come in to this place with a man who has mental disabilities. The man in front seems like a nice guy, he is "doing his part" as it seems; the nice guy who is serving this other man. After an hour, I realize there has been laughter at their table, grunts, smiles, different noises. Noise has been one-sided but filled with life. The man with the "disability" hasn't stopped soaking in the good of those around him. His "helper" has yet to speak to him. His helper has doodled on his iphone the entire time.
I can't help but notice they are silent - to each other. I wonder, is this a burden to the "nice man" or perhaps is this a token of his service to society...or am I getting it all wrong. I look again. Zero engagement. Perhaps hourly wages to be seen in society yet not engage. Perhaps the man making all the noise has something right! What if I were meant to soak in life in that manner? What if I am supposed to laugh and smile and grunt with enjoyment??
Well, it's probably true. I probably am. I probably ought to consider these two men....which was handicapped and which was not. It could be that silence for one was to the joy of the other!
Are you enjoying life? Are you silent before the Lord! Do you make joyful noise to the Lord?
Maybe this is food for thought in my life..and yours.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment