Friday, March 18, 2011

Preparation for triumph...day 9


Friday. 9 days into this Lenten season.

Michael Bolton is on PBS singing "When a Man Loves a Woman"

"He gives up all his comforts, sleeps in the rain....give everything (I got)...just holding on to (your precious love)....."

I wonder if we stop for a minute and consider music of a differentt kind...music from the heavens. Music from the legions of angels who have a sole purpose to sing glory and praise and honor to God...always. What if their music about the Savior..about Jesus..was something like what Michael Bolton sang on PBS? If it was about God putting on skin and becoming a man...so that Got would ultimately be further glorified..and faithful to Himself to rain down His own mercy on all of man.

That was Mary's song and prompted by an.....angel. Prompted by the Spirit of God. A song about love, about hope to come and staying power.

As I sit and dig in scripture looking at the life that Jesus Christ offers you and me, I trust in the revealing of my own heart by the Lord...that He will keep showing me more of myself and more of Himself. I hope I come to a simpler view of my own heart and its wretchedness..and can prepare for the incomparable greatness and love offered from Jesus.

Speak to my heart, Lord.

Help me to not look ahead to the next days in this Lenten season/devotion but to remain in today and in what you have for me.

Blessings.

-ao

No comments: