For years, my dad has wanted to name his farm...his dream ranch, "The North Spoon" - so as homage to my pop's dream ranch, hence, my title. It brings up great memories in my life and I hope to post great memories,thoughts,and events on this blog. Blessings. -ao
Monday, May 2, 2011
A day in connection with God
Zechariah 10:8-9 ESV
"I will whistle for them and gather them in,
for I have redeemed them,
and they shall be as many as they were before.
Though I scattered them among the nations,
yet in far countries they shall remember me,
and with their children they shall live and return."
Hmmmm, to be whistled in by God...feels odd yet it feels like maybe what my soul truly longs for. To be gathered in and remember the Lord...to be brought back and bought-redeemed is a victory cry in the name of Jesus.
To stand, sit, and walk...listening for the command and voice of the Lord - am I willing to do this? What does this look like...daily listening.
"my life is a listening, His is a speaking." -Thomas A' Kempis
I think of learning to hear the sound of my dad's whistle. It was faint, almost silent...a high pitched quiet yet forceful "whistle" that my brother and I could hear even in the midst of mountain streams rushing or football games being played...or whatever the distraction..it seemed we could hear the voice of our father. Piercing..calling..true north, it felt.
Interesting that God's word refers to whistling and gathering us, who have been scattered...bringing us in to our Holy and Right places...nearer to Himself.
Nearer to God. Feels amazing. Feels unknown and frightful. Feels like the only true place I was meant and perhaps ought to be...although His love for me: as I am...not as I ought to be!
Thank you Jesus for your love. Remind me. All day.
Blessings.
-ao
Labels:
None
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment