For years, my dad has wanted to name his farm...his dream ranch, "The North Spoon" - so as homage to my pop's dream ranch, hence, my title. It brings up great memories in my life and I hope to post great memories,thoughts,and events on this blog. Blessings. -ao
Friday, October 14, 2011
Which are you...
Matthew 21:28-32 ESV
"What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work in the vineyard today.' And he answered, 'I will not,' but afterward he changed his mind and went. And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, 'I go, sir,' but did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward change your minds and believe him."
Where do I stand, here? Do I believe the scriptures? Do I believe that God has given me the opportunity to be in communion with Him? That He has shown me His way...and which route has been the road I have taken.
The Lord is up to something....which have you seen? Which son are you? The worker who delayed, only to keep his word and honor the father? Or the son who said he would uphold the father's request and didn't?
One put his faith into practice. The other pretended only to cover up his own desires..ultimately that were not life giving.
Is my life 'a choosing of the path of God, as wretched as I am....is my life living in a lie....this is worth yours and my consideration.
May we consider these words of Christ, today. I'm in.
Blessings,
-ao
Labels:
None
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment