Friday, October 28, 2011

On the way...by the way


Matthew 27 this a.m.

The Journey of Christ...on His way, toward becoming my sin. Toward rejection. Toward the will of the Father.Toward the embracing of difficulty most high....of the woundedness of a couple followers and a governor. Wounded on the inside, conflicted and confused. Which way is "right" and what move is next.

Judas Iscariot.

Simon Peter.

Pilate.

...others? Perhaps you and me. Maybe we have an understanding of what it looks like to doubt God..to question the clarity of a big decision...to walk in the footsteps of a betrayer, and to turn away from what we know is good and true. I can relate, for sure. It hurts and as I read this account of the journey of Jesus, His brute love and trust in the Father and His word....I can't help but wonder:  When have I been like Judas? When have I renounced Jesus as did Peter? When have I gone against my gut...my wife..and made a move/decision with such poor influences...like Pilate?

Jesus was on His way, by the way...on His way to becoming Death - so I would not have to look upon it! He was exchanging guilt, messes, death itself..and truthfully so much more (maybe in next few days there will be more on this..) in order that Life would be given.

Life. Life to the fullest. Full of the righteousness of God. I pray that the Lord speaks to my heart as I re-live this journey to the cross in the next few days in my times in scripture. For now, I am hung up on betrayal...on washing hands clean..guilt, and the joining in of the crowd!

The crowd always seems to join in, don't they? Where are you..in this?

Are you in the crowd? What's your role?

Jesus, teach me your ways...I hope I lean toward Peter's experience....with guilt came restoration...soon, it can't come soon enough.

Lord restore me. I am grateful. I need you, Jesus.

On my way, too, by the way.

My Journey in Christ.

Blessings,

-ao

No comments: