Tuesday, March 12, 2013

genesis 32:22-32


From Olivia's blog. From our reading today....I say "ditto" - read below. 

The back drop is also Psalm 31. 

-ao 

 [The Wild Wild West] genesis 32:22-32

Please, go read this now.

I am doing a Lenton Devotional written by a friend of ours, Jim Branch. It's been neat because Andy is doing it too and we have had some great conversations. I have had so many "Ah-ha" moments where God continues to show me another deep layer of Himself. This week the title is Broken. We are all broken. Christians, non-Christians. We are broken. We have all experienced pain, sadness and even some of us have questioned "Why". Why me?  Why am I having to go through this? Why is this happening?

This brings me encouragement:

In fact, blessings sometimes come through brokenness that could never come in any other way. –Gerald G. May

A night when God finds us alone, grabs us, throws us to the ground, and wrestles with that fundamental flaw in our character. In that dark night of the soul, though He cripples us, in the dawn He blesses us. –Ken Gire

Deepen my hurt until I learn to share it and myself openly, and my needs honestly. Sharpen my fears until I name them and release the power I have locked in them and they in me. –Ted Loder

Some of the times I have felt the closest to God, have been some of the most dark times in my life. God was faithful and continues to be faithful. Thank you Lord.



--
Posted By Blogger to The Wild Wild West at 3/12/2013 02:30:00 PM

No comments: