Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday...it's the only today I have

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." -Psalm 51:10

The best day of your life?

Recently, a friend sat with me discussing our lives, our trust in God...or lack of trust, and the hope we have in God's faithfulness & provision. We talked about desires and from where do they come from...of how the Lord both placed them (the ones we referred to in our conversation) and wants to give us the desires of our hearts. He delights in our hearts' desires!

Then, my friend spoke up about living our lives. He said, "I spent my entire life living "out there", waiting on my life and my ministry to unfold. He said I knew that when I got there (pointing with his finger out from his body) I would have everything in order...all my financials, all my details of my ministry, my family...my dreams. But, you can't live out there in the future just the same that you can't live your life in the past...and you know you can't do that!!" Then he looked at me and said, "Andy, today is the BEST day of your life...it's the only one you have. Live in this moment, this breath, this one..right now, every single day. It's all you have."

TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!

Lord, help me to live today in each breath as a gift from you because it's precisely what I have been given from you. Let me live my life purely. Renew my spirit with you each day. Beginning, now.

Amen.

"Your breath isn't your own; it has been borrowed from God."

"We experience being drawn, like a magnet, to the Divine."

-both from Macrina Wiederkehr

Blessings,

-ao





No comments: