Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Notes from Holy Week contemplation

Psalm 22:19

"But you, O Lord, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me."
-Psalms 22:19 (NIV84)

And then...

Psalm 27:14

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
-Psalms 27:14 (NIV84)


Take heart and wait...for the Lord.

Watching the snow fall.

Waiting for the depths of what this Thursday night and Friday morning mean within the core of myself...longing to hope for the the Life that will spring forth on Sunday morning...Life from the power of God. Life from the focused Christ...from His heart..from His love. It was......for me. For you. For us. All of us.

Again, snow falling today; yet another reminder that He is in control. Not me. Thank heavens. He is in control. While I have things, ambitions, and specific hopes....not one thing will happen that has not first been allowed to happen by the love and mercy of God. Oh how I hope for things to come...yet the sense I get within, the one that seems to be from the Spirit of the Lord, His Holy Spirit...seems to say "wait for the Lord!" "keep your focus on Easter...on what I have done for you!"

So here in the snow...I wait, I watch, and I long for the next move of Jesus. It's snow for now...what to make of this perfectly unique and pure white covering from the skies??? I suppose I can only continue to watch and wait in gratitude alone.

Gratitude, Lord.

Here am I. Hoping. Waiting. Watching. (secretly crossing my fingers)

Blessings,

-ao

No comments: