Yes, that's right. Wyatt calls the blue gills and perch, "Dinosaur Fish" - he says we are catching little dinosaurs! He also gets so excited he almost can't see straight...when he's reelin in a fish! We caught about 7 or 8 fish on Monday morning - it was the greatest! Wyatt told me, "Daggy...you have to be paaathhents" - translation: you have to be patient - "...when the fishes come...we have to wait for them to come and bite the worm on their mouths; and then, Daggy..we can REEL 'EM IN!!!"
We fished for probably 3 or 4 hours and when we left he asked why we couldn't stay and catch more fish so we could cook them on the stove and eat them!
I think of the memories I have of fishing with my dad...my whole life it's been a highlight of the special things I have done. Now, to share that same experience with my son is like nothing else. The joy we experience in those times is something that is made up of the ingredients of life and love that God put me on Earth for. Good night - it is just the bomb. I hope that we get to always do that....my dad, me, Wyatt, Boone, my brother and his Son....
It's just part of the fabric of who we (in my family) are.
Dang. It was good.
Here's to the next time...
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment