Last night we had our 2nd "Summer Five" - a bible study discussion we have at our house in the summers. We meet five times (plus one or two) over the course of the summer and call it, "Summer Five"! It has been a time of rich conversation and encounters with the Lord. Jesus is in the midst of us and we always feel his presence - it has been an addictive thing for us in the summers. It is for our friends who've graduated high school (at least one year removed) and up.....always a fun mix of people each week. Last night was great. We were in Colossians Chapter 1.
This a.m. I was in Psalms. I read in chapter 16....
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing. - Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
- Psalm 16:2,5-8 NIV
Father, thank you for my lot. Thank you that I am secure in you and your love for me. Pleasant places is where you have landed me - because it's yours....Jesus I am yours...you are mine...my inheritance: "every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms" -Ephesians 1:3
Thank you for counseling me, Jesus. Thank you that you instruct my heart and I can depend upon you.
Today. Thank you. The lot you have given me is good...yes, Lord, it is good.
Blessings.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment