Wyatt: Is your mommy dead?
Daddy: yes, she is.
Wyatt: Is she buried? In the ground?
Daddy(me): yes, she is, buddy.
Wyatt: Is she dirty?
Me: No. Her body was in a casket protecting it (sealed off) – but her soul is in Heaven….She’s with Jesus (new body….) now.
Wyatt: Does she talk (with Jesus)? She talks with anyone?
Me: I would imagine she talks with Jesus and lots of Angels all of the time, Wy-Wy.
Wyatt: Ohhh.
Does this conversation sound odd to you? It does not as much to me…..now that I am a parent, I guess. Having Wyatt ask me questions about death, about his grandmother, about my mom, about Jesus, about life – those, to me, are sweet times. They are pure and honest thoughts that are untainted by the mess around us.
Maybe an honest conversation is what needs to happen in my life…in your life; but, with whom? Maybe there is a need for questioning life and death in your life. And, if this is the case, perhaps it would be good to know where this Life is and where Life comes from! He is the Light and the Life I am referring to. Jesus Christ; the Light of the World. Christ, life-giving son of God. Constantly in community with the Father (God) and the Holy Spirit; The Trinity seeks us out. In love.
So, what in your life, perhaps, is dead and needs brought to life? Is it your heart? Is it you? What in your life has been buried and ought to be concerned with being dirty and covered up instead of offered light and hope in a place that offers neither?
What if a conversation with Jesus were doable? What if you could interact with the Saints in the Heavenly realms…..what if you could live forever and receive all its blessings?
What did He say? - “I AM”.
We have a God who loves us and cares for us infinitely greater than we can fathom and he offers you and me hope and peace in a world that does not! So, to consider death….is to consider life made clear and forever through Jesus Christ.
His love is forever.
I belong. Thank you for your pursuit of me, Lord Jesus.
Blessings,
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment