There’s a new addition here at the house. We have a baby Sycamore tree sitting in the back…it’s in the think of it with the other trees that are about 100 times its size. We are wondering where to plant this new tree that our neighbor gave to us! We also had some guys show up just before Easter and till up our back yard to “rock hound” our yard. For you non-construction and old-timer gurus out there – that means “to smooth out the rough spots in the dirt”, AKA “Rock Hound”. So, now we at least have some straw on top of our compacted red clay and seed that is dried up and exhausted in its efforts to actually grow a blade of grass!
Our yard? It has potential. Our vision? Yes, we do have one…but it comes in little slices and glimpses of greatness. Currently we have not patio set as we are figuring out best prices and style….and trying to be “Thrifty” as Olivia says. I agree. I also cannot wait to have that sucker up and running.
My latest hope and vision? Here it is:
These are drafts of a vision that popped in my head of what could happen in our back yard. Notice the fence that is not there…the trees next to the storage shed turned building with cool country metal roof and back porch vibes!! My friend Budd has a storage shed similar to this…..I thought of a hybrid to his. Dang, I can’t wait. I think I can build it on my own…..won’t it be fun to watch??
In the mean time….what we have currently, in addition to our sapling bagged up in the back….are two new ferns on our front porch. I hung them up tonight. God the yard mowed…..2nd time ever at this house. Got things looking better…inch by inch around here! One day….we are going to have a sweet little cottage right here in our neck of the woods….and we are great with it taking some time to get fully where we want to be in this house. What if I viewed the rest of my life in that manner? What if I saw what God is doing in me as something that is taking time and refinement?
That’s how I view sanctification – there’s a biggie! A big word that, to me, anymore – means the refinement of myself that is being done by God and His Holy Spirit alive in me. He refines me…over and over again! He draws me nearer to Him. I hope that as we hang ferns and go get another and consider planting a garden and building a storage barn / back porch and several other things that are on our hearts….that we do more than trust God. I hope we watch what He’s up to in our lives and as we learn patience that he is working things out in my life from the inside out - Jesus said that “out of the overflow of (my) heart, (my) your mouth will speak”. So, may my life live as my heart is and may my heart be filled with Christ – and, to get technical on you – it is!!
I belong to Him. I’m so glad that two ferns on our front porch bring me not only to Jesus but hopeful patience and trust in my life.
Blessings,
-ao


No comments:
Post a Comment