Lamb of God
Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world
Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world
Who takes away the sin of the world,
Have mercy, have mercy on us
Have mercy, have mercy on us
Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world
Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world
Who takes away the sin of the world,
Grant us, grant us peace
These are the words to my friend Lee Younger’s song in preparation for Good Friday – Today.
Today. Changed everything. Today. A new life is offered. Life for all life…..all life forever – life forever received because of the life given on this day – the life of Christ. For me. For you. In order that, because of the great love story of Jesus Christ – I could no longer have to look upon my sin; my sin condition. God, now seeing Christ in my stead, because “God made Him who knew no sin to become sin” – on my behalf. He did it for me. He did it for you. He did it!
Wyatt my 4 year old son (today): “Daddy, were you sad when Jesus died on the cross?”
Where you sad? How did you feel….when you first heard? When you began to wonder about what it really meant that Jesus had almighty character and presence and piercing eyes while on the cross and gave up his life to become our sin condition and then…..then….3 Jewish days later….His tomb was empty. God had fully communicated His infinite love in His humility and ultimate love sacrifice for us. All of the mess forever and ever was placed upon Jesus in order that we….that you and I might consider this miracle of miracles and this awesome ridiculous feat of conquering death! Jesus beat death….
Well, that’s this Sunday…..let’s still soak in Good Friday. Let’s soak in the death of Christ. Soak in His passion. Soak in His love. Soak in His struggles and His decision to give up His life for you and me! He volunteered Himself to die in my place. That I would not have to – Christ did. Christ died. This day.
Jesus, I am yours. I needed Good Friday – I may have never known. I may have never began the process of wonder and understanding. Give me deeper intimacy w/you, Lord. I need you. I need Good Friday. I need your cleansing.
Thanks be to Him. This day changed the trajectory of the world forever. This day – Good Friday.
The Lamb of God. My Passover Lamb.
Blessings.
-ao
No comments:
Post a Comment