For years, my dad has wanted to name his farm...his dream ranch, "The North Spoon" - so as homage to my pop's dream ranch, hence, my title. It brings up great memories in my life and I hope to post great memories,thoughts,and events on this blog. Blessings. -ao
Thursday, April 21, 2011
40 days... Day 38...preparation for triumph
Maunday Thursday.
Day 38.
Mandate. Commandment-related...Thursday. One day before "Good Friday". Hard to watch Jesus be nailed to the cross and call it or consider it "good" yet, we do, and...it is.
The commandment today refers to is when Jesus said....
John 13:33-35 MSG
"Children, I am with you for only a short time longer. You are going to look high and low for me. But just as I told the Jews, I'm telling you: 'Where I go, you are not able to come.' "Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples-when they see the love you have for each other."
A couple days ago, I sat with my family and we talked about looking in the mirror...about the words from the Lord..."I love you"- and as we see our own pupils, to recognize that Jesus stares into those eyes saying those very words...even as He makes His way to the cross, as He becomes our very own Sin...as He experiences and delivers the full blow of Love. So, we,too, are called to love one another. I told my family to consider the words "Jesus loves me", perhaps on this Maunday Thursday we should consider what is Love?
Tomorrow we consider the word, "accomplished".
Today..."a new commandment".
Blessings,
-ao
Labels:
None
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment