Wednesday, April 20, 2011

40 days... preparation for triumph


Day 37

It is painful, Lord.

I feel like the trek to the cross is getting harder, almost in slow-motion as these days, the Day draws nearer.

What is it that you are up to within me? Teach me Holy Spirit, who is my King? Where am I in the account of Jesus & the Jewish crowd....who am I begging to be pardoned? Am I curious at "what is truth?" (Pilate) or am I concerned with false and instant gratification?

Transgression - Repetitive. Familiar. Crossing-the-line. Sin-again! Intentional missing of the mark.

Iniquity - My wrong doing against the Father & His statutes.

God laid upon Him...His Son-for me...here lies the difficulty.

Standing in front of the mirror...I see me. My pupils. My sin.

Help me Jesus.

Crucify. Crucify. Crucify!!!!!

(they screamed all the louder...)

My need for The Savior is growing in clarity and urgency in these final Lenten days. Perhaps yours, too.

Blessings....prayers in Christ.

-ao

No comments: