Thursday, April 21, 2011

Darkness fell and a holiday called “Holy” and “Good”

Night 38.
It’s the eve of the day in which Jesus took upon my sin. It is late, actually. It is dark. I can hear the waves crashing….waves from the ocean as the beach is across the street from me – right now.
Waves – crashing. Proclaiming that something propels them toward the sand at the shore – something from somewhere I cannot see nor fully understand it’s desire to keep coming like a fury that screams beauty and danger and serenity all in the same. It’s an indescribable wonder.
So is the cross. INDESCRIBABLE. We will look more there tomorrow. For now, I couldn’t help but think about the night. Darkness. The day that became dark. The day darkness fell. It’s tomorrow. It is called, “Good”. It is called this to remember as in days of old when a good day was a “holy” day. Good=Holy. AKA, “reading from the Good Book” to mean reading from the book that his Holy – the Bible. Holy Friday is tomorrow. The day darkness fell. The day Jesus would split the barrier of personal access to God – no longer accessible only-by-priest but on its way toward heart-access as a temple-inside-me-faith.
More waves crashing. More thoughts of tomorrow – Earth Day. A “rare coincidence” in which these two holidays land on the same day – Good Friday and Earth Day. It seems no mistake, if you ask me. One day to remember the death of Christ –His Crucifixion. Another day to remember the dying planet – its crucifixion – both are represented deaths by….me. I am a contributor in both days. Now as we look to remember and point to Christ….to what comes on Sunday as the sun will rise again – maybe, in the darkness of tonight, I can wonder what must it have been like when Jesus died. When the friend of sinners and miracle man and God-in-flesh Himself gave up His spirit!! What must his followers have thought as the light on Earth died away, literally, the sun went away and as God Himself had to look away from all our Sin, the lights went out and then the curtain – access into the Holy of Holies – access to the presence of God ripped from Heaven-side downward to Earth. ACCESS to the Father. Debt – paid. Sin-became-reconciled in Him; Light of the World, made by Him.
It’s wild. It’s odd. It is a thing of God-sized beauty that I can’t wrap my mind around – thank Heavens. Darkness fell upon the land….as The Darkness was defeated because God laid upon Him the Iniquity of us all.
So, when talks of Easter egg hunts and family get-togethers and golf outings and whatever might else occur-  where will you be? What will you consider? Will you consider the day when Darkness fell? Will you consider the focus of Christ upon the Father and the coming Spirit…upon the will of God to continue His infinite love-story?
I will try my best. I will consider. I will listen. Love-fury by God Himself. Passion comes not even close to whatever it was that He offered, became, and conquered. It was more. It simply IS.
A few days ago, in my quiet time, I felt the voice of the Lord telling me to write these words…
“I AM” –Jesus
In that moment I saw the clouds moving seemingly toward me – one continuous strand of clouds….as if to see and hear the Lord telling me of His presence, His pursuit, and His undying Love.
Oh, how I need you Lord.
A dark night before Light arises!

Blessings,
-ao

No comments: